Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Dark (book)Mark

Back with another Harry Potter themed craft today. This one is easy and inexpensive, and you can get as detailed as you like with it! Since Harry Potter is first and foremost a character from a book, not a movie, I decided to make a bookmark that you could use while reading the books (as I do time and again and am reminded how inferior the movies really are).

I decided to make my bookmark out of "The Dark Mark" from the movies, and I did a Google image search to find and print out the graphic so I could trace around it with an Xacto knife to make my pattern. You can cut out as much of the detail as you like, or just do a simple silhouette of the general shape to make your own bookmark. I made mine out of some dark green pearlized card stock. I definitely recommend card stock, as it is nice and sturdy, and comes in a variety of colors and finishes.

You could also put your card stock straight into the printer and print your image onto that and cut around the outside to make a bookmark with greater detail and less time commitment! I only recommend this on lighter colored paper, of course, and you may want to laminate your final bookmark so the ink doesn't rub off onto your book or fingers. You could cover it with contact paper, but that doesn't yield the same quality.



No comments:

Post a Comment